Have you ever come across an example of a behavior-change principle while watching one of your favorite movies or TV shows? Hollywood doesn’t often get it right, but these video clips can be useful to demonstrate or promote discussions about behavioral principles and strategies.
- Big Bang Theory- Sheldon Trains Penny with Operant Conditioning/Positive Reinforcement/Shaping
- Big Bang Theory ALMOST gets punishment and negative reinforcement right.
- The Office – Jim trains Dwight with Classical Conditioning
- Everybody Loves Raymond – The Importance of Preference Assessments
- Fun Theory – Reinforcement/pairing
- Darren Brown Trick or Treat – Superstition Behavior
- Friends – Phoebe uses punishment/conditioning to “help” Rachel get over Ross. (start at 1:20)
- Dangerous Minds – Classroom management
- How to Train your Dragon – Pairing
- Phineas and Ferb – Positive Reinforcement Machine (start at 4:40)
Do you know of any other videos from pop-culture to add to this list? Let us know in the comments below!